NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Review: The Wedding Party

The Wedding Party The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Note: This is the third novel in the series, entirely a standalone, but would be best if you read in order to understand the characters and their backstories.

So where should I start?

I was kind of hoping this would be better than Royal Holiday, but I guess either Fate doesn't want me happy (when does he want me happy anyway?) or this author can't quit with the annoying characters and half-assed writing..

Here we go then..

The cover - Cute as hell, with both of them at different ends of the wedding..obviously they're both opposed to each other heh. But still adorable. Hence why the points.

The summary - After a one night stand (I don't know why they call it kissing, they literally went and whacked out the entire apartment, but anyway..), they can't stop thinking about each other. But when they're stuck attending a mutual friend's wedding and receptions, they can't help it with the attraction and neither with the hate that simmers between them. But eventually their attraction and love win over and yabba dabba do, they're together.

Cliched but still tolerable. Hence the points.

But then as usual, like Robin Hood's arrow in a tree, a wrench literally falls right damn smack in the middle of the novel and makes me wonder how in earth am I supposed to deal...?

All jokes aside though, something went wrong. A whole bunch of somethings.

1. The characters - The whole time they're with each other, they act more like little children and disagree on the most ridiculous shit ever. They're not fully fleshed out at all, they're only half built, and it's way beyond annoying. Hence why the star taken off.

2. The romance - Way too much sex for my taste and it's barely been 70 pages. Like chill people, you're not wild animals..(I don't even think wild animals stay together and go nuts on each other this much..such a thing as control exists..however they're a different breed I feel..) hence why one star taken off.

3. The reason why they hate each other - Fuck first impressions. Whoever said first impressions were the soul of friendships, and relationships was wrong. Do you know there are so many ways people can fuck up a first impression and there are then some souls that actually try and apologize but then this first impression rule screws up everything..So Maddie, if you started talking to theo and realized he wasn't completely as boring as you thought and neither did you think maddie was that fluttering type, then both of you, why in the holy hell are you still fighting? The reason is told way too early for my like and it ruins the whole plot which this story is based upon..

GOD THIS NOVEL IS ONE FUCKED UP DISASTER! AND I FUCKING MEAN IT! Aside from the screaming, this novel is not recommended.

But like the idiot that I am, I still want to finish the rest of the novels in the series. Oh the idiocy..

Until the next read,

TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment