NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Review: Shelter in Place

Shelter in Place Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Nora Roberts, oh my god, Nora Roberts!

I love her novels!

Fate: Oh really? Let's see if she likes this one. *rips up pages and puts in new ones* MUHAHAHAHAHA!

That's exactly what happened. Some spawn of a devil ruined the entire book by switching the whole plot and people in it.

That's the story I stick by, goodreads police.

Anyway.....

Here we go.

The cover - So relaxing and removes the mental stress of life in general. The deep, blue-green ocean churning by, the sun glaring near, no civilisation close by. YESS! This is what I want. Thank you very much, dear cover artist. You've saved me. Hence the stars for you.

The story - A massacre happens in our heroine's past and in our hero's past as well, shaking them to the very core that holds them. Years later, the heroine and hero meet again, they fall in love. But someone is out to shake the peace down, and ruin every last bit of humanity. It's up to our boy and girl to save the day.

Pretty intriguing right? I thought so too, hence the points.

But then..

The characters, multi-voices - You heard me, there were multiple narratives over this entire time. Multiple.

Do you know...how irritating that is? Having to remember, understand, every goddamn narrative of every person in the novel. You can barely remember three, let alone, 6-7 of them.

Hence why the DNF. I wish I had more to say on why the rest of the stars got removed, but I don't remember and neither do I care to remember.

Overall, a shambles. Too many narratives going on.

Not recommended.

Until the next read,

TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment