NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Review: Come Sundown

Come Sundown Come Sundown by Nora Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Love, lies, murder. A lot can happen."

And so it did, but at least it didn't ruin the book. Hah Fate, you lose.

Anyway, let me tell you why I loved this masterpiece.

The cover - So beautiful, a gorgeous sunset painted in the back, with a farmlike background. All so comforting, comfy and so far away from everything else. My dream, come true, in a book. Hence the point.

The summary - We meet our Bodine and her family, the responsible adult and her very adorable family, all so supporting and loveable. And then we meet our broken hero, Callen, coming back to the very place he left before. Starting a new life. Love sparks, murders bloody the streets, lies come to threaten them all, especially when a murder of a woman occurs near the bodine farmhouse. Only time will be able to save them all. Loved this summary and couldn't wait to start. Hence the point.

The characters - Bodine and her family were all so darn perfect, loving, supporting, and adorable. Gah, I seem to lose the words. But I love them so very much. Although she annoyed me about the marriage fact, I still loved how responsible, caring, sweet, sexy she was. As for Callen, how strong, resilient, a gentleman, a true sweetheart he'd come to be. No one was too villainous or evil for no reason, everything had a reason, for the sweetness, for the evil. Hence the point.

The romance - Slow burn yet sexy all in the pages. Couldn't help swooning at every turn and crying as well. It was so so so good, gosh. And it's not just Callen and Bodine, but Jess and Chase, Chelsea and Rory. So gosh darn adorable. Loved them all! Hence another point.

The ending - Done brilliantly, and a satisfied conclusion. Everything solves out, nothing is left unturned. Every minute of it, I loved. Gah, it was so darn perfect.

So I recommend this novel with all of my heart and know for sure, you won't be disappointed.

Until the next read,

TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment