NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Review: The Rosie Project

The Rosie Project The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Loved by many, I was spellbound by it as well to read it.

But then like so many disasters, this was incoming, yet I had no idea.

So, let me try to explain it as best as I can.

.........................

The cover - Cute, nothing special. It just eludes to the summary and the title, giving everything away, keeping nothing in secret. But still cute, hence the stars.

The summary - A man looking for a wife in his thirty something years after many dates gone wrong. And he wants to look for the one, through a scientific experiment. Intriguing enough for my attention, since this is the first time I'm hearing of something like this. Hence the stars.

But then that's where everything stopped being nice and fun.

The main problem behind the dnf: His scientific language, and standoffish behavior.

All he talks about is, his science experiments, some weird fact that nobody would care about while reading this novel, and stories about his failed, keep in mind, many failed dates.

That's all. Nothing about all those things makes it appealing about him. Hence why the DNF. If I wanted to sleep, I would have watched the Big Bang Theory or some lullaby.

This book was a snoozefest. Case closed. Sorry to y'all who loved him, I had nothing about him, catch my eye.

So not recommended. And neither am I trying the sequels.

Until the next read,

TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment