NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Review: The Queen of Nothing

The Queen of Nothing The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Note: This is a part of the series, Folk Of Air. First comes The Cruel Prince, next in line (get it, next in line..*laughs* hehe) is The Wicked King, final is The Queen of Nothing. Please read in order. Thank you.

Another Note: First review of the year, y'all! GO me!

Feel free to read my reviews for the previous books in the series.

1. The Cruel Prince: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

2. The Wicked King: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Nilufer's review of QON: There are the letters which Cardan has written to Jude and she's never known about them: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... (The rest of the letters are on the internet, so ahead and find them).

I would have included the letters, but this review was already long and I would have gotten more emotional seeing those letters (but I do have them stored in my photos app, so hah, I haven't let go of them fully). So yeah.

So there ya go. Now moving on.

“It’s ridiculous the way everyone acts like killing a king is going to make someone better at being one,” Vivi says. “Imagine if, in the mortal world, a lawyer passed the bar by killing another lawyer.” (Yeah haha, that's usually how the monarchy works in a way. In a subtle way no doubt.)

One more quote.

"By you, I'm forever undone."

I'm forever done by these two, too. SO yeah, totally get what Cardan is saying.

Songs applying here: The Way I Am By Charlie Puth, Threatened by Michael Jackson, Hurts Good by R5, Dangerously by Charlie Puth, Time is Not on Our Side by The Vamps, I Still Do by Why Don't We, Hooked by Why Don't We, Kiss by The Vamps, If I was your man by the Vamps, Missing You by the vamps, Like to be you by Shawn Mendes ft. Julia Michaels, Senorita by Shawn Mendes Ft. Camilla Cabello, Butterflies by Michael Jackson.

If I continue any longer, this song list would be the whole review. But do give a listen to some of the songs, I don't have bad taste (I think).

Anyway let's start this review for real, seriously.

The cover - Is so beautiful and yet striking with danger every turn. A broken crown, a snake, and some flower like thing next to the crown in liquid amount. It's beautiful yet haunting and gives you all the chills, while you admire it all the while. It had me in the moment I saw it and touched it. All the stars given.

Anyone else noticed that there's a pattern of snakes gliding over in recent book releases of 2019? Maybe it was the decade of snakes, who knows?

Moving on.

The summary - Jude comes back to Faerieland one last time after her sister Taryn asks for her help, and to go and beg for her sister's innocence before....you guessed it..Cardan. But you know, life is never that simple, neither is fate ever that innocent, so yeah things are more complicated than Jude last left them as. So the summary definitely had me in. Hence the stars.

The characters - Cardan is definitely more clever than the last time Jude saw him and definitely more mischievous and cunning than before, so yup loved every minute of it. Jude is as usual our little, scheming, wicked, and yet sweet and caring, she was a darling. Nicasia, yup still a witch. Madoc, still a cunning fiend. Taryn, a bit better, and more to like. Viv, still our fun one. Heather, our soft one, and still cute. Oak, aww so adorable but what a tongue though. Fala, our fool's fool. Randalin, ever so strict. Grimsen, ever so vain. Grima Mog, aaah what a thing! Locke..well Locke, ya know. Oriana ever so motherly..(I say this sarcastically..) and some more, who I cannot remember but eh. Basically, welcoming them all back with open arms. God I missed them! Stars, stars, stars, all around.

The romance and the plot itself - The romance is definitely special this time, more sweet than steamy, but I'm mostly a goner for love confessions which did happen. So yup, loved every moment (keep a lookout for chap 21). As for the plot, it was every bit devious, antagonizing, fast-paced, anticipating moments, and brilliantly done as in the first two books. Especially with that plot twist (that's where the snake and crown come in muhahahahahaha..) god I loved and devoured every page! Loved it all. ALL THE STARS, PLEASE.

The ending -Ah I loved the ending so so much. It was so perfect, and wonderful and gah I wish it was real...so bad I wish. It literally made me realise they were leaving forever. God. But it was so perfect and beautiful. I won't spoil what happened in the end, but you'll love it. It's guaranteed perfection and love.

So there ya go. The end to the perfect series written ever. EVER.

Now I'll be sobbing in the corner, excuse me. For #Jurdan leaving me.

Goodbye #Jurdan. *sad horns in the distance and Another One Bites the Dust by Queen playing*

Until the next...*hiccups* read,

TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment