NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Review: Credence

Credence Credence by Penelope Douglas
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Note: I bought this on Kindle Unlimited after I saw a couple of friends rave about it.

This book is exactly what it says in the pages.

A hot, heavy mess. (But for me, not in a good way..)

Let me explain.

1. There's no consent during her adventurous nights or mention of her being underaged (yes, I know, her birthday was going to come in a couple of weeks, but still she's underaged...)

2. The s0-called "heroes" are nothing but mere bullies and beasts (way different from the type I like..) - Look, I do prefer hot jerks in books (forgive me, a lot of people are shallow at my age) but these were over the top. These so-called jerks don't even know what being nice means. Plus what it means to seduce someone, they have no clue, WHAT-SO-FUCKING-EVER. How can you expect me to root for them?

3. The heroine apparently has no self-respect or gumption. -Every time they behave badly with her, she does "threaten to leave" but she never leaves. Like why? 3.2 She doesn't fight back, she just spreads empty words, with nothing veiling of threat. AND SHE KEEPS FORGETTING THAT SHE'S UNDERAGED? (How can anyone forget their own age, I fail to understand.) I just don't get it.

4. I don't care if they have no other woman to bang around - SHe's not a piece of meat. Plus they're so darn older than her. Two 20-something year olds, and one in his late thirties (close to being her father..geez, what the fuck.) (Are they that out of girls and women their age?....)

5. For this book to be such a hot, heavy thing, this sure is long. -Literally we never get to the main entree, we're just stuck with appetizers. Geez, like get to the point already.

5 reasons why this book should be removed from shelves altogether. 'Nough said.

Until the next read,

TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment