NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Review: The Hate U Give

The Hate U Give The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Note: There's also a film, with the same name, starring Amandla Stenberg.

I can't really remember the reasons why I would have liked this novel.

All I can remember is, that was not likeable about this novel, was the fact that there was too much teenage drama, the pacing was too slow for my poor soul, and there's some hate on other religions or misconceptions about other religions.

Another thing - I never understood why the girl's parents ever bothered sending her to an all-white-rich kid school, if 1. they're not rich. 2. they don't really trust the "white" folks.

If all this had been corrected/removed/changed, then this book would be 100+ pages shorter, and not a time waster.

Hence why, not a recommend.

Until the next read,

TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment