NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Review: Ruckus

Ruckus Ruckus by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Note: I had to stop a few times while reading this, as time and finding this book online made it difficult to finish it sooner.

But Enjoy.

“Because I had to sell it and lost a shit-ton of money the moment I realized you were going to be my neighbor if I stayed in my current place. Real talk, Rosie, you are all I ever wanted. Even when you wanted me to be with your sister. She was a comforting candle. You were the dazzling sun. I’d lived in the dark—for your selfish ass. And if you think I’m going to settle for something, you’re dead wrong. I am taking everything. We will have kids, Rose LeBlanc. We will have a wedding. And we will have joy and vacations and days where we just fuck and days where we just fight and days where we just live. Because this is life, Baby LeBlanc, and I love the fuck out of you, so I’m going to give you the best one there is. Got it?” (Dean Cole, my next of favorites from all Hotholes, heh).

Dean, Dean, Dean. Your love is so adorable to see for Baby le Blanc, which gets me all teary-eyed, and shit ya know. God damn both of you.

Anyway, let's move on...

My short and sweet version of this story:

Dean Cole is another infamous hothole who's a known Casanova and ex-boyfriend of Emilia Le Blanc aka Cherry Blossom. His surefire confidence yet charming southern behavior are often what get him the girls and the respect of elder ladies, and is often the boy scout of all the hotholes combined when ya want the gentleman from them all.

Rosie Le Blanc aka Baby Le Blanc is something different, a polar opposite of Dean. While he keeps his problems in check, she's a spitfire known for stinging remarks and a look of pure innocence even when there is a begging devil inside especially dealing with Dean and her family. Her love for Dean is known, even as she is the ever-saint in pushing Dean and Emilia together in the past.

Fun times.

Anyway...

Obviously there is some tension left between Rosie and Dean, despite Dean being with Emilia.

But the past is always a pain, no matter what. And it always comes to bite you back in the process.

Warning: A Spoiler or two. Whoops, sorry.

Fastforwarding to 10 years later and Dean is still the infamous casanova but a gentleman. Rosie has changed into a permanent spitfire and rebel and lives in the building owned by Dean. Vicious is now getting happily married to Emilia.

Everyone's all happy and dandy until Rosie's asked to come to rehearsals for Emilia's wedding.

Dean's instructed by Vicious in a polite tone (oh who am I kidding, he's obvs saying it in his own style) to bring Rosie to the rehearsal at any cost.

Problem numero uno is: Rosie still hates Dean's guts and is not exactly fond of being with him (cause of the sparks heheheh) and Dean still wants her, future and all even if she doesn't.

Problem numero dos: Rosie doesn't have a lot of time to spare. (If read vicious, you'll know).

But geez, haven't we learned already that love cannot be thrown off by a curve produced by destiny? So Baby Le Blanc in this way is meant to be with Dean "Ruckus" Cole, no matter what.

My general view of this story:

The writing is once again brilliantly executed with a plot that's quick and to the point, there is maturation and plenty of choices made by the characters but each time growth occurs changing the characters in many ways, but always for the good. Plenty of plot-twists, which will certainly make you WOAH! (and in capital letters obviously), solving plenty of questions in regards to Dean's life (whoops another spoiler, sorry y'all), romance is afloat with all the hotholes and their gals, and meaningful messages shared with trusting your life and making the most of it, and never to be afraid of destiny and life itself.

This is a MUST to be read.

Go on, take it and read. Make life more enjoyable for yourself.

Until the next page, my baby le blancs,

-J.B

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment