NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Review: The Best Kind Of Mistake

The Best Kind Of Mistake The Best Kind Of Mistake by Jasmin Miller
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Note: This is the first in the series, should be read in order to understand.
Another Note: I read this book in order to be able to understand the sequel.

Sigh where do I even begin with how much of a disaster this novel was?

But I'll start somewhere, promise.

My version of this story:

We first meet Ember Keaton and her discussion with her sister in regards to a new job, pulled by strings, how thankful she is, considering she lost her job recently. Probably was a lousy worker, anyhow..

She also has a neighbor who she can't help but listen to (not on purpose of course) which also causes her sleep problems. But he will be important later on, not right now.

She goes to her new job, and is immediately a success in it, alongside the owner's son Logan Ardennes. Soon chemistry beckons them closer, sparks fly and romance is declared for them.

Overall, it's a happy, snappy, and cute as hell novel but with some issues.

My overall view of this novel: Well the plot summary was good with the poor girl having to pay her bills and having to look for a new job, while the owner's son helps his mother after his mother suffers from back problems, and they are both working alongside and sparks develop as time progresses, the plotline worked. However I felt the romance was too quick and there weren't any issues shown between them or in their respective backgrounds, basically everything felt way too quick and perfect to be done, which kinda leaves you wondering what the next couple of chapters provide that 8 chapters already provided before. The witty dialogues were enjoyable to a degree, allowing me to push myself somewhat to continue with the novel until I couldn't. And the characters' overall personality were still underdeveloped as there wasn't anything relatable or emotional felt from them when reading.

So it's not as much of a sham, but things could have been done better.

Until the next page,

-J.B

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment