NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

The Tattooist of Auschwitz The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ranked as 2019's most memorable war time piece, it's definitely everything realistic that you'd want, without a depressing Titanic like ending..

I mean really. Why do people like Jack and Rose so much, they're almost like Romeo and Juliet, only a century or two late.

Sigh...

But yes usually I prefer war time pieces that don't end in tragedies because I'm not dying to cry or smash a bullet in a character..Whoops.

Anyway let's just review this masterpiece, shall we?

......................................

1. The cover - I liked the hand holding as the cover objective. It gives off intimacy, and a glimmer of hope that maybe things weren't so bad as the actual war had been. I like it sincerely for those reasons. And it's a lot contrasting to the subject matter itself, so it also sets in the intrigue whether they'll make it alive. So I love it overall, points to that.

2. The summary -Finding love and trying to get out alive while everyone around you is getting bombed and killed mercilessly, and no safe corner to run to, is definitely something I'd be curious about. The actual war was tough as it was, no thanks to one bastard in particular. So this summary was something I wanted to see end happily, as such hope given through the characters would have been a waste had the plot followed through, like its predecessors, as a tragedy. And I'm happy to say that the characters did get the ending they deserved, without getting killed, hurray!

3. The characters, and the side dishes (you know what I mean): They all have such a lively personality, and obedient personality, which in this case, is definitely a positive sign in my opinion, considering their dangerous circumstances. But even if some of them lose hope, the others make sure they don't fall completely and help them up again to regain hope and have some sense of solidarity in the treacherous lives they live. All are supportive, tough, but loveable all the same. Specially our main couple: Lale and Gita. Boy, are they cute. But loveable they all are, overall.

4. The romance: It was more sweet than spicy honestly, and I have to say, I love more those than anything. Especially the sweet confessions and gestures, it means the whole world to me. And the way Lale treated Gita with respect, care, and love, and giving her time, it was everything perfect. My dream come true in a way, and pushing me to root for them. So the romance was also well done.

5. The overcoming of WWII: Well, I won't say they overcame it, like they didn't overthrow Hitler.

Too bad though...

But they did manage to get out of their hell hole and end up living again, and living a rich life. Persevering and learning several tricks to help them get closer and closer to freedom (who said it was easy without dirtying their hands), it was definitely a ride watching them succeed with each key in the lock, escaping their hellhole and able to live their lives happily and out of trouble.

Overall, this is a novel you should not miss. At all. This is a must recommend, and should not be overlooked.

I hope y'all enjoy this masterpiece.

Until the next read,

-TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment