NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Friday, November 22, 2019

Review: The Dutch House

The Dutch House The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This novel was crap. Case closed.

The cover was the only good thing that motivated me to even continue with this.

The summary, the characters, the problems, the overcoming of problems were never even relevant or seen shown important.

Everything was about the house.

THE GODDAMN HOUSE.

It was like Jumanji had captured the characters and tossed them aside and had in some twisted way, given the house the voice of the narrator and life.

GODDD!

One of my biggest mistakes to ever pick this novel up!

I'm really not kidding.

I may be a part of the minority but god's sake, I wanted everything else, really I did.

The characters -so bloody one dimensional. And it's mostly the sister Maeve who the brother centers his world around.

Sigh..

The problems are way too childish for me to care about and everyone's just moved on, like it's nothing.

So really.

I could care less about this novel and its existence.

Case fucking closed.

Until the next read,

-J.B

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment