NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Friday, November 22, 2019

Review: The Flatshare

The Flatshare The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This novel. Another piece of unedited crap that was still somehow published..

God.

But let me tell you the story in general. Let me tell you all the veeeeery interesting details of this book in short.

The cover- Pretty cute and quirky, gave me a light hearted feeling and some excitement as well. So definitely it was something I liked. A star given for sure.

The summary - Pretty original and different. Two people, who've never seen each other, share an apartment by day and then by night, on different shifts. Definitely had my interest, also because the author had a similar situation with her boyfriend of the time, when they worked different shifts and hardly saw each other. So a star is given as well.

But then things do go wrong, as fate never likes me happy for long.

The characters - Whiny, nostalgic all the goddamn time, and never focused on acting like adults, rather acting like teenagers all the gosh darn time. She can't get over her ex. He's not man enough to dump his clingy girlfriend. And despite their tough situations, they're still not willing to clear the air for themselves once and for all, and solve the problem.

No they just keep complaining and whining like a bunch of preschoolers, or teenagers. And honestly it got on my nerves a lot.

Like why can't they just move on? Try to clear the air? WHYYYY NOT? GOD.

The romance -I don't know, neither do I care. Their personalities are hard to love and rooting for them would be like petitioning for Justin Bieber to come to my country and sing a few songs.

Yeah.....no. They're a disaster and I'm not inclined to care for them. Simple.

The overcoming of problems - I DNFed, so I can't respond to that point. Sorry.

The writing style, dual POVS - The writing style was great for Tiffy but for Leon, it seemed cut off, and disjointed a lot, in many paragraphs.

Had this been only once a problem, I would have ignored it.

BUT NOPE. This kept going on like Trump's presidency. Honestly. God.

I know most people said it sounded better for the audiobooks but about the poor people who got the reading material first? What can you do to fix it for them?

You can't. You can simply produce crap like this without ever editing.

God. Why do I do this to myself?

I fail to understand the hatred of Fate's. I'll let y'all know when Fate stops hating me enough that he stops sending unedited crap like this my way.

Until the next read,

-J.B

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment