NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Review: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Note: These types of books are rarely read by me, so giving my first nonfiction book a 5 star rating is almost like a miracle. Otherwise I usually stray from these books. I’ll explain why in below review.

Well.....This book was....just so darn heavy and I don’t mean on the arms.

It’s just so relatable and kinda points out all the things we’re at one time very guilty of. And at the same time it helps out with the most common and at the same time not so common problems by giving out the most unconventional advice you’d ever think of and the last thing you’d think would be of any use, combined with the author’s own experiences which gives this book more of a personal touch and a feeling of understanding and connection to the man as not feeling completely alone in whatever we have faced before. And boy has it given me a lot to think about...

My reason to stray away from self help books is they usually give out a lot of advice that you’ve heard of before and most of the time they’re not exactly right as the people who write these “helpful” books know next to nothing about experiencing some of the crap some people experience nowadays. So it’s mostly due to this, that I stay far and clear of these books as I can. It’s just hard to stomach something that the other person pretends to know something about and them then writing it in the most grandiose way possible, a brutal death to the poor book and poison for the mind reading.

Combined with references from pop culture to unknown legends, coupling with the author’s own experiences from his childhood, to his teenagehood, to adulthood and present time experiences, this book is everything “unhelpful” if you look at it through the conventional telescope. But looking at it without the tainted eye of convention, it’s a refreshing change to how advice is given and how you’re able to support yourself and become better and maintain being that awesome individual you are for the long term, and learn from past mistakes here on out.

So I am definitely grateful to this author to publish such a piece and inspire me and motivate me to do better, be better for myself and everyone else in such a way with all experience and wisdom of the past and present.

Pick this up you guys, you won’t regret this, I bet you.

Until the next page,

-J.B

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment