NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Review: Beautiful Broken Vows

Beautiful Broken Vows Beautiful Broken Vows by S.J. Cavaletti
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Triggers: breast cancer death, testicular cancer (remission), health issues, toxic relationship, bullied for ADHD

Note: gay friend and sibling from the hero’s side, neurodivergent heroine who’s also non white!!! (Not amused by the British hero…though he’s Swedish but eh).

Oof, this was one hell of a read for me, I enjoyed it a hell lot than I expected.

We have the heroine strapped for cash, a hero who won't be given his company until he's married, and two very sick meddling fathers in tow.

And we also have the incident. Which gets told waaaaaay later. Still a little hurtful.

We basically have them roped together to form a fake marriage to get what each wants, but you know feelings, and fate, and everything that is romance happen.

And I was here for all of it.

Though a little emotional romance would've been fun to explore more in detail, I still loved their development, the writing, and the banter, and oooh the steam and angst they have.

And the maturity later on, healing each other - *chef's kiss* - I was salivating for every moment.

I looooved being around these two and cannot wait for mooooore!

Until the next read, peeps.
TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment