NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Review: Suddenly Broken

Suddenly Broken Suddenly Broken by Claudia Y. Burgoa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Note: This is a duet. Please read in order, as book 1 ends on a cliffhanger. Suddenly Us is the next and final book in the duet.

Trigger Warnings: infidelity, drug abuse, emotional abuse, infant death, divorce, separation, abusive relationship, alcoholism, abandonment.

Damn this book tore me apart, made me cry bloody tears (well almost), and made me wanna sing to the rooftops above my home!

Yeah it was that much of a surreal, emotional, personal and realistic as it can be novel. Loved it so much!

Nine and Mason made me wanna fall in love, and not just anyone, but a best friend. Cause honestly, who knows you better than your best friend.
Yet were so different in many ways.

Nine came from music royalty and was a daughter to two closeted gay famous fellas, and her brothers were rock royalty on their own too. While she was the pretty but very much duckling in this whole shebang.

Mason came from his own set of problems - his parents were difficult people as promised - and his father turned him into some sort of a clark kent ubergenius with war weapons kinda man, and I was digging it.

Obviously the parents knew each other hence the friendship blossoming.

Then a curiosity of wanting to explore between Nine and Mason, coupled with dealing with their own demons as always, familial problems, achieving dreams and just being their real honest self when everyone wants to quash that part of you so bad.

I loved the realism of it all, the emotions, the confessions, the groveling, the connection between them, the banter, the relatability of how they both get through their problems, the side characters - no the parents were sh**y people - everything was just so damn deep and discomforting, and truthful and emotional and aaaaah what else can I say, it was perfection!

Only problem - was that Nine was a bit too stupid and it carried on for a bit longer than I wanted, plus the parents behaviour made me wanna hurl something - cause the drama was just too long I felt.

But whatever, I still loved this novel to pieces and so.

Can't wait for the next and final part! It's gonna answer so many questions and finally get the HEA for this loved up fucked up couple haha.

PLus the next part is already out, so have fun too, like me while reading it haha! Just loved this one so much haha.

Until the next read,

-TMR

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment