NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: Vicious

Vicious Vicious by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Note: I had finished this novel a few months before but for the life of me I could not find the time for it, so here is the review, finally.

"He was in my veins, but I still managed to get under his skin." -Emilia.

Yup, in every way possible. Such a love story. Anyway.

My version of how this story goes:

Vicious, Baron Spencer (but don't tell him I told you his full name, he will slaughter me for sure) is a notorious block of ice that's been known to play and push his limits and raise hell, stretching them thin and wide, that spells trouble for the rest of his group.

Emilia Le Blanc aka Cherry Blossom, is the cheap help's daughter, who goes to school alongside Big Bad Wolf, and is the one despised the most (She doesn't deserve her place in that school, cheap help and a scholarship, what horror to come across!) especially by Vicious, him raising hell for her every time.

Good times.

Moving along...

At the time, she's been dating Dean (another Hothole) from their group.

Guess who's not happy.

Yup, you got it. Vicious.

So he sends her away, approximately 10 years. Doesn't care where, as long as she ain't in Todos Santos, near their untouchable group.

10 years later, fastforwarded, she's grown and has balls. He's grown and is still the same retarded block of ice but with sophistication.

He wants her. She wants nothing more than to stomp on his manhood and tongue.

But you know, love has no boundaries and is shameless. So there ya go, all Vicious and Cherry Blossom summed up...

Overall:

This book deserves all the 5 stars in the world. The plotline, damn me is just executed so perfectly. The plot twists too (Just can't stop the plot-twists -a-comin... are so fiiiine. The characters, so damn relatable, witty, smart, intelligent, and sexy as hell, and the introduction to other hotholes and their girls is damn wonderful and so nostalgic. (Specially Jamie with Melody, bless their hearts!)

So pick this novel up, RIGHT NOW if you want everything I just described in a messy love story!

Until the next time, my cherry blossoms...

-J.B

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment