NetGalley Reviewer

Professional Reader
10 Book Reviews

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Review: A White Christmas in Berrycombe: Heartwarming Christmas Romance

A White Christmas in Berrycombe: Heartwarming Christmas Romance A White Christmas in Berrycombe: Heartwarming Christmas Romance by T.N. Traynor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Faithful Charming And A HeartWarming Story Of Love and Compassion and Faith!

Triggers: child abuse, abandonment, death of a loved one, war struggles shown, social anxiety shown.

Note: also very faith based - so fair warning to the atheists.

I loved reading Carter and Laura’s story.

I could relate a lot to Carter’s life - not his adoption, but the independence struggles, his anxiety, his very few people to depend on, his moods - I could relate to all that and more.

Certainly his type of cabin chosen was also something I thoroughly understood. I mean who wants to be reminded of tragic memories? Not this gal or guy for sure. So I understood it too.

But I also loved the people there. Specially Laura and her father bill - ever giving advice and being kind and generous to Carter. And I understood them too in their own struggles. I connected so deeply to them.

One thing though - was it was hard to connect to the constant Christian proverbs thrown on my face. Perhaps marketing it as a Christian women’s fiction would’ve been a better choice. As me being from another religion, sometimes just got annoyed a little with the whole religious sentiment.

But I loved this novel overall. The side characters were also huge tons of fun - I wished all of them had their own plots too. The romance was barely there, as also the chemistry - sometimes it read more like a historical or regency novel but a little less heavy on the romance. But this is womens fiction so I understand. I loved the cozy setting and wished more than once I could live there (living with my family can sometimes be a hilarity in itself). Plus how they discussed real world issues - I was just so down for it. I loved it!!!!

I loved this novel and cannot wait for more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment